Monday, April 07, 2008

Repairing the Bathroom Door

One day for some unknown reason, the bathroom latch in my house broke (I suspect it’s my barbaric strength brother who broke it). The bathroom door in my house is nothing fancy, just a piece of plastic door with plastic latches attached to both sides so that you can close the door both from the inside and outside. It was the outside latch that was broken hence; we could not lock the door from the outside.

This bathroom happened to be the attached bathroom in my parent’s bedroom. Mom kept asking dad to fix it as she could not stand the irritating sound of the door slamming against the door frame whenever the wind blows, waking her up from sleep. But her words fell into deaf ears as dad is a big big procrastinator. As long as the door is functional it is not an issue to him.

Last night a storm blew throughout the night. Mom did not get good sleep and decided to try to fix the door herself the next day. She was too lazy to go to the hardware shop to buy a latch. Therefore, she got this brilliant idea of taking the inside latch and screw it on the outside! Ta da…Problem fixed. She could now lock the door from the outside. She was happily praising herself for the brilliant idea.

Later on that evening, my dad went to bathe. He opens the bathroom latch, walk in and close the door. Then he realized that there was no latch to lock the bathroom door from inside! Hahaha…what a prank. My mom forgot that we needed the inside latch to lock the door as well. Come to think of it, it was there in the first place, it must have its own functionality right? Hahaha. Btw, my mom is not shy person and is totally ok with the idea of bathing without locking the door. My dad on the other hand needs to lock the door in order to bathe. Now my dad has no choice but to fix the inside latch.

But procrastinators are always brilliant. They can always think about alternative ways to do things until they absolutely have to. Want to know how my dad manage to lock the door without fixing the latch? View picture below. Now my whole family is going to use this BKM to lock the door till my dad finally gets to it.
PS: I have the cutest mom in the whole world :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is very interesting for me to read the post. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.