Sunday, November 25, 2007

Hiking Trip

I know it's rare, but yesterday I felt like exercising. I wanted to since the past few weeks I guess I just never found the time.

Yesterday I decided to go hiking at Ayer Item Dam with my mom and her friend (Aunty Jesse). I haven’t been there for quite a while and was already huffing and puffing after the first incline. Anyway, I was determined to go a little further and managed to reach the mid-point when I called it quits. At that point I was so exhausted (my heart was thumping like a drum roll, my vision was blurred and I felt like puking). However, my mom won’t let me quit as she wanted to get to the top (My mom’s stamina is in tip top condition as she exercises regularly). Mom and Aunty Jesse were way ahead while I was practically dragging my ass along a good 50m behind and they had to stop and wait for me a few times. At one point of time I actually considered crawling….hahaha.

After a long time, we finally reached the top. There’s a small temple at the top, but we did not stop to rest as it was already late. We made our way down slowly. I know I can be such a chicken at times but was actually terrified about losing my footing and rolling down the hill. Hence we were going down at snail’s pace. At one of the corners, there was this wild dog that started barking and running towards us. We were terrified, but luckily something else distracted the dog and we continued the rest of the journey down peacefully.

When we reach the bottom part of the hill, it was already getting dark and the moon was up (view picture). I know the picture sucks as its’ a phone picture. But the view at that time of Ayer Itam town with the moon above was really beautiful. Maybe I’ll bring a real camera with me the next time I go there and take more pictures.

Felt a lot better and healthier after sweating out although I have to bear muscle pains today :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's really interesting to read ur blog...c there were temple, dog, moon, etc....all made up ur simple hiking journey to become so readable...so pls keep it up. Hope to read more from u. :)