Sunday, November 11, 2007

Weekend

An amazing thing happened yesterday to me! When i came back from work, my laundry basket was at No 1! This rarely happens to me(only once or twice a year)...my mom helped me with my laundry. Yahoo...more time for myself for the weekend :).

Got quite a few things accomplished today......
I have not touched my piano in ages and i missed it very very much. Today i finally found time to practice 2 songs that i wished to play - "Way Back Into Love" from Music and Lyrics and "Triste Coeur". Kind of rusty in sight reading after not playing for so long. Way Back Into Love was relatively easy and i could play the song in slow tempo after the 1 hour session. Triste Coeur was a little more complex as it has 4 sharps....my response to those has become so rusty that i had difficulty playing the piece smoothly. I really need to practice more...hopefully by tomorrow i'll be able to master both the pieces.

Second accomplishment of the day:
Today Parkson at Gurney Plaza has this promotion for Bonus Link. 880 vs original 960 to exchange for RM10 voucher. My mom wanted to go so i bought her there. After exchanging the vouchers, my mom wanted to go check out the Tefal iron. Btw our house's iron really sucks big time so its high time that we changed a new one. Anyway there's 10% discount for the iron... but there were a few variety and price ranging from RM100+ to RM1000+. (The RM1000+ iron was so huge it doesn't even fit on the ironing board). Anyway back to the topic, mom was in dillema if she should use points to exchange for the iron - if that is so, can only exchange the RM199 model as it was the only one available....or buy it with the vouchers and personal cash - She actually liked a model that caused RM259. Not to mention, she was worried that her friends would say its more worth it to exchange with points etc (Gawd what's with aunties and points).. And i was like HELLO mom... it an iron - a everyday necessity - a good iron actually speeds up the task of ironing. Besides its not that expensive (calculation as follows)
Price = RM259
10% discount = RM233.1
Voucher = RM90
Balance = RM143.1
10x bonuslink points for the day = 2590 points = RM27 parkson voucher
Net price = RM116.1
That's how we decided to buy that iron - Despite being broke i paid for it....Anyway mom's very happy and excited about her new gadget. She's showing off to her friends as well (Gawd..what's with aunties and household appliances)

1 comment:

Zue said...

haha...funny post ! (Gawd whats with blogger and funny post) . a fail attempt, i know. =P