Friday, August 15, 2008

I made a little prayer tonight....

I have a friend that just told me this evening. I really admire you for your strength in handling your personal issues so well. You don’t get emotional. And I told her, the answer to that is very simple. Always think positive. I have no idea why I said that, because the truth is I don’t do that. Things that are important to me really do affect me. Just that I don’t show it to the world.

Everyone has problems. And it’s funny how we listen to other people’s problems and like a miss know-it-all we give some advice. It’s so simple what, just do this, this and this. Hehehe sounds familiar right? But when the issue strikes home, it suddenly become so freaking big because it’s happening to ME. And suddenly you just don’t know what to do although the problem in actual is bloody small.

So the answer to handling problems is…. Imagine what you’ll do if you’re in a position which you couldn’t careless what happens. Then you’ll get a bigger picture of how the world is beyond yourself. Then you’ll realize the right thing to do. Once you decide, just execute regardless of how you feel about the choice. Don’t be doubtful about what you think is right and you’ll always be on the right path. Remeber, emotional people have very poor judgements and are more prone to wrong decisions.

Ok I’m gonna admit, it doesn’t work all the time. We humans are so prone to dwell in self-pity. And many times I do have my down times where I really break-down and crumble. But it is VERY IMPORTANT to know that we have to step up get back on the right path. I’m not perfect either, but I’ve learned that if I try hard enough to always do the right things I will always end up with more right than wrongs. I really don’t want to look back in life one day and have regrets. That is why I have to strife hard to always go on doing the right things.

Just like a computer that is answering some right or wrong questions without emotions. Sounds cold but that’s just the way life have to function. Remember when we were young, there would be moral exam questions that ask about helping mom perform house chores is correct or wrong? Many of us are not willing to do house chores but we still answer correct. Why? Because want to get 100% score so ma have to answer correctly lor…LOL

But nevertheless, it’s easier said then done. So my dear friend, I pray for you and also myself that we will always have the strength to choose the correct answer and execute flawlessly J Somehow today I used the word “pray” not as a figure of speech. I really did pray J to whoever god….that exist for the stregth to do right.

~I wonder if i'm the only weirdo in this world that think this way? Feel free to comment if you disagree.~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If one would wonder the main difference between robot and human, it must be human has the emotion database but robot doesn't. Robot would act in according to Yes (i.e. signal 1) and No (i.e. signal 0) logically but would fail to handle any circumstance wisely that falls in between yes and no that's called "grey zone". Some may think emotion is an issue but other may feel thanksful for it as emotion is what makes us laugh and smile. So the question is whether one can always feel "great" regardless what is happening against/around him/her like positive thinking as u did mention. Some wisest man may say yes so how about us...in short, emotion is really what we human can control if one would trully believe it. Everyone will have the down moment, of course including me, that is normal as we are human, so the main concern is how fast one can recover from his/her down cycle. Worried, self pity, asking why me etc will not get us out from it, we got to tell ourselves that isn't the end of the world and let's do something difference for the better future. :) Although there is no clear description about the problem that you face currently, you will have my most sincere wish to be deserved a better tomorrow. :D Life is full challenges, yes we all know it, but let us be the winner instead of loxxer...hahaha...cheers!!!

mayleng said...

Somehow your comment out a smile on my face. I think it's because i finally have reassurance that i'm not crazy :) Nevertheless thank you for your concern, but i do not have any big problems at the moment that i can't handle. Everything is under control...hehehe but i still wish for a better tomorrow anyway.